Positions Open for Nomination
President, Aseniwuche Winewak Nation
Director, Victor Lake Co-operative
Director, Grande Cache Lake Enterprise
Director, Susa Creek Co-operative
Director, Muskeg Seepee Co-operative
Director, Joachim Enterprise
Director, Wanyandie Flats Co-operative
How to Make a Nomination
An elector may nominate a candidate at the nomination meeting by stating their name, the name of the elector they are nominating, and whether they are nominating the elector for the position of President or one of the Director positions (If it is a nomination for Director, the nominator must state which Director position). The nomination must be seconded by another elector. The seconder must also state their name. The elector nominated must be at the meeting and state that they will accept the office if elected.
The Electoral Officer must record the names of the nominee, the nominator and the seconder on a nomination form. If an elector is nominated and accepts the position, they must fill out and sign the candidate acceptance form to make the nomination official.
The Electoral Officer shall not accept a nomination unless the names of the nominator, seconder and nominee appear on the List of Electors and the nomination form is signed by the nominator and seconder and includes a written acceptance signed in the prescribed form by the elector nominated, stating:
(a) that the elector is eligible to be elected to the office,
(b) that the elector will accept the office if elected,
(c) that the elector has read the qualifications to run for and hold office, or has had them explained, and understands them, and
(d) a telephone number and address by which notices respecting the election may be provided.
Upon receiving a valid nomination form, the Electoral Officer shall complete and sign the elector’s nomination form.
As per AWN Bylaw 29.1:
A person may be nominated as a candidate for President or Director if on Nomination Day the person:
- Is a Member of the Society
- Is 18 years or older, and
- Maintains their primary residence on a Co-operative or Enterprise or within the municipal boundaries of the Hamlet of Grande Cache.
As per AWN Bylaw 29.2:
A person is not eligible to be nominated as a candidate for President or Director if on Nomination Day the person:
- Is the Electoral Officer or an employee of Aseniwuche Winewak Group of Companies, including Aseniwuche Winewak Nation, Aseniwuche Development Corporation and Aseniwuche Environmental Corporation, unless they have been granted a leave of absence.
- Is indebted to Aseniwuche Winewak Group of Companies for more than $150, unless a written agreement has been entered into with the Aseniwuche Winewak Group of Companies to repay the debt and the person is meeting the terms of the agreement.
Electoral Officer Contact Information
Peter Fortna, Willow Springs Strategic Solutions
780-381-9168 | email@example.com
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Time: To be announced
Location: Eagle's Nest Hall (10028 99 Street)