FASD Community Support Worker (temporary, full-time, 40 hours/week)
Date posted: November 6, 2020
Closing date: November 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
In This Role You Will:
• Work with individuals to decrease risk-taking behaviours through the development of harm reduction strategies, through home visits and phone consultations
• Develop individual case plans and opportunities to build new, positive relationships.
• Assist affected individuals (and family members, caregivers, educators, service providers, counsellors, etc.) in developing positive daily living strategies.
• Make referrals to other services/agencies i.e., justice agencies, housing, treatment/health-related services, Parenting Programs, etc.
• Advocate for individuals and educate the community on the specific needs and issues of persons with FASD.
• Support individuals in understanding the diagnostic process, connecting with diagnostic clinics and accompany individuals to appointments.
We are looking for someone who can build relationships through their strong interpersonal skills and by using culturally sensitive approaches. They will also demonstrate skills in case management, decision-making, conflict resolution and confidential record-keeping.
• Two+ (2+) years of working with individuals or families dealing with everyday challenges.
• Knowledge of FASD outreach, needs and support.
• Valid Alberta Driver’s Licence with clean driver’s abstract.
• Knowledge of Cree culture and/or Indigenous perspectives would be considered an asset.
• Training in parenting programs and facilitation of Active Parenting and Triple P Positive Parenting Program would be considered an asset.
• As a condition of employment, the candidate must successfully pass a child welfare, criminal record check as well as drug & alcohol test.
This worker may have the following training or receive on the job training in the following areas:
• Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Suicide Intervention and Prevention Training
• Culturally Sensitive training
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to Denise Delisle, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/deliver to:
10020 99 Street
Grande Cache, AB T0E 0Y0
Closing date: Sunday, November 15, 2020