Deadline To Apply: June 25, 2022
Contract Type: Casual
The incumbent performs a wide range of duties independently or as part of a work crew for Aseniwuche Environmental Corporation. Labour activities performed may include, but are not limited to water pumping, maintenance, heavy lifting and labour-intensive activities, operation of small tools and equipment, construction, and cleaning. Opportunity and potential for slashing/falling.
- Clean up worksites including shovelling, sweeping, raking etc.
- Assist tradespeople or professionals on-site
- Handle and move materials, tools and equipment to and from work areas as required.
- Use basic hand and power tools as required.
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing job-related machinery and equipment.
- Operate basic hand tools such as power tools, shovels, rakes, brooms, etc.
- Clean and make minor repairs to equipment and tools.
- Keep work areas and sites clean and in order.
- Dispose of waste and/or chemicals, following procedures.
- Securely put away tools, equipment, and trucks.
- Clean vehicles as scheduled and/or required.
- Put up signs (eg. Warning signs, signposts, cones)
- Flagging including stopping, slowing, and safely directing traffic through work or construction sites. Protect workers in construction zones by regulating traffic flow.
- Water pumping including setting up, maintaining, and fueling of pumps.
- Perform Safety Watch duties including watching for safety and fire hazards in the workplace while work is performed by other employees. Maintain the conditions and requirements stated on the safety permit.
- Assist with setting up and transferring temporary structures
- May require driving and/or operation of off-highway vehicles (OHVs).
- May operate light equipment including a skid Steer as directed by the supervisor.
- May haul trailers with varying loads as directed by the supervisor.
- May function as job lead, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assisting AEC/AWN in related job duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- May have to complete night shifts and/or camp work.
- Completion of required paperwork (ie: tailgates, timesheets, safety voice cards, etc…). Ensure all paperwork is legible and submitted to the supervisor
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but not limited to.
Standard Safety Responsibilities:
- Safely perform labour activities for each assigned project and/or contract.
- Safely perform heavy lifting.
- Take required safety training, such as WHIMIS, First Aid, Flagging etc.
- Wear appropriate and maintain required Personal Protective Equipment on all worksites.
- Learn to conduct worksite inspections.
- Advise co-workers on how to avoid unsafe practices.
- Report and correct equipment issues or unsafe conditions.
- Report all Incidents and injuries.
- Ability to operate required equipment/tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to read, understand and follow instructions, policies and safe work practices and procedures
- Effective communication, speaking and listening
- Time management
Workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
The incumbent must have knowledge in:
- Equipment cleaning standards and procedures
- Operation and use of chemicals, tools, trucks, and equipment
- Record-keeping systems
- Safe operation of basic hand and power tools
This position involves medium work, most of it standing or walking for extended periods of time, lifting, pulling, carrying, pushing, exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The work includes exposure to outside atmospheric conditions. Personal Protective Equipment is required to protect the head, eyes, and feet.
Hazardous products are to be handled according to the manufacturer’s instructions to prevent injury.
How To Apply:
Drop off your resume at the reception desk at the AEC office (Address: 10003 99 St, Grande Cache) or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to all those who apply. Only those selected for the next stage of hiring will be contacted.