Accounting Clerk (AR/AP)
Deadline To Apply: February 16, 2022
Contract Type: Full-time
Aseniwuche Environmental Corporation (AEC) is committed to delivering a wide range of environmental services to the resource industry and related sectors. AEC is fully owned by the Aseniwuche Winewak Nation whose ancestors thrived in the Rocky Mountains and continue to live a distinctive cultural way of life.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Accounting Clerk calculates, prepares and processes incoming and outgoing invoices for accounts receivable and payable. The Accounting Clerk also enters employee timesheet data for payroll and job-related data in PJC, as well as maintains a well-organized filing system of all required documents.
- Calculates, prepares and issues documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, account statements and other financial statements using computerized systems.
- Processes, verifies and reconciles transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, purchase orders, cheques, and receipts in the computer system.
- Enters data for the period or cost statements or reports as requested by Accounting Coordinator and/or Payroll & Benefits Coordinator.
- Responds to customer and vendor inquiries; and maintains good customer relations.
- Enters approved daily employee time sheets into PJC, then forwards them to the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator for payroll processing.
- Enters various PJC related data into the Sage program.
- Issue, adjust and receipt Purchase Orders as required ensuring proper job and general ledger coding.
- Ensures timely and accurate filing and record-keeping.
- Post-secondary education or certification in accounting or business administration – or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in basic bookkeeping, record keeping and accounting systems.
- Excellent knowledge of computer programs including Excel and Word.
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with the public in a positive and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in performing duties.
- Knowledge of Cree culture and Indigenous perspectives is considered an asset.
As a condition of employment, candidates must successfully meet site access requirements by showing proof of being doubly vaccinated for Covid-19.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.