Automotive Service Technician (Mechanic)
Deadline To Apply: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Full-time, contract
Inspect, diagnose, repair, service and maintain the company’s fleet of vehicles, light equipment, and approved client fleets and retail customers.
- Review work orders and perform automotive services per scheduled work orders.
- Requisition parts to be ordered to the responsible clerk.
- Perform scheduled maintenance services on internal fleet and light equipment and their attachments, such as oil changes, cleaning, lubrication, inspections and the following:
- Check light equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Advise appropriate clerk on work performed, general vehicle condition, and future repair requirements.
- May perform basic repair and service work on heavy trucks.
- May require driving
- Assist with administrative duties related to maintenance, such as:
- Assist in preparing maintenance schedules;
- Assist in ordering replacement equipment, parts and supplies;
- Maintain maintenance and repair logs and records.
- Inventory tracking.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but not all-inclusive.
Standard Safety Responsibilities:
- Take required safety training, such as WHIMIS, First Aid, etc. if necessary
- Wear appropriate and required Personal Protective Equipment on all worksites.
- Learn to conduct workplace inspections.
- Advise co-workers on how to avoid unsafe practices.
- Report and correct unsafe conditions.
- Report all Incidents and injuries.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
· Client service and public interaction
· Team building
· Analytical and problem solving
· Ability to repair and maintain a wide range of mobile and stationary equipment
· Effective communication, speaking and listening
· Good vision, hearing, and sense of smell to diagnose problems
· Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
· Ability to read and write to maintain daily logs, such as timesheets and material usage forms
· Time management
· The strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment and work in cramped or awkward positions
· The ability to think logically and keep up with changes in technology
· Decision making
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
· Procedures for repair and maintenance of a wide range of mobile and stationary equipment
· Mobile and stationary maintenance schedules and programs
· Equipment inspection procedures
· Safe workplace requirements and procedures
· Sound mechanical knowledge
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Corporation. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Be respectful
· Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Be flexible
· Demonstrate sound work ethics
· Deal with the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
Licensed Automotive Service Journeyman’s Certification or Certified Apprentice Program
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Previous Ford and Dodge experience is an asset but not mandatory
Heavy Duty Experience/Certification is an asset
Mandatory Drug and Alcohol testing
This position involves medium work, most of it standing or walking, lifting, pulling, carrying, pushing, exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The work includes exposure to outside atmospheric conditions. Personal Protective Equipment is required to protect the head, eyes, and feet.
Cleaning products and chemicals are to be handled according to the manufacturer’s instructions to prevent injury.
How To Apply:
Call Aseniwuche Development Corporation – (780) 827-9670
Email your resume to email@example.com
Drop off your resume at the ADC office – 9600 104 Ave (across from the ball diamonds)
Application Link: https://www.google.com