Deadline To Apply: Posted until filled
Contract Type: Seasonal contract
A Camp Cook is responsible for the cooking, plating and serving of all meals, and assigns appropriate tasks to the Cook’s Helpers.
A strong Camp Cook is an organized leader who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing other staff. The Camp Cook is also responsible for purchasing all cooking and cleaning supplies, adhering to developed lists and budgets, ensuring that meals are prepared in an efficient and timely manner, according to the Camp Menu.
The Cook is also responsible for the overall kitchen cleanliness, maintaining food storage and supervising the Cook’s Helpers.
- Previous experience cooking commercially for large groups required
- Experience cooking in backcountry or Culture Camps
- Sound knowledge of food safety standards and procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attended AWN Operations, Emergency Response and Experience Development workshops
- Attended AWN Culinary Training workshops
- Food Safe Handling Certification
- Minimum First Aid, but Wilderness First Aid Qualification
- Member of the Grande Cache Indigenous community
How To Apply:
Fill out this form: TOURISM TRAINING & JOBS
If you cannot complete the form, please contact us with the following information:
- Your name, phone number and email
- The type of work you’re interested in
- A resume or description of your experience
(780) 827-5510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Link: https://forms.gle/hJvc78q3uM217ShH6