Casual Industrial Janitor
Deadline To Apply: May 27, 2022
Contract Type: Casual
Clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial and institutional buildings and their surrounding grounds.
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs.
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings.
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers.
- Clean and disinfect washrooms and fixtures.
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap.
- Clean and disinfect shower stalls.
- Report damages and acts of vandalism.
- May water and tend to plants.
- May move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that security and safety measures are in place in the establishment.
- Wash and dry laundry (cloths, workers coveralls, and mop heads).
- May require driving.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but not all-inclusive.
- On-the-job training may be provided.
- Mandatory drug and alcohol testing.
- Demonstrate team building, decision-making, problem-solving, time management, and communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with little to no supervision.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, cleaning products, and equipment.
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning products.
- Be honest, trustworthy, respectful, clean, organized, flexible, and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Demands include exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The work involves standing, walking, stretching, bending, pushing furniture, lifting heavy objects, and operating medium-weight cleaning equipment such as floor buffers, sweeping and mopping floors.
Worker may come in contact with controlled cleaning products with toxic or caustic effects. Precautions are to be followed at all times.
How To Apply:
Aseniwuche Development Corporation is looking for suitable candidates to fill casual positions of Industrial Janitors. If you meet the criteria listed above and are interested in being considered for these positions, either email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it off at the reception desk at ADC.