Energy Field Services Team Lead
Deadline To Apply: Posted until filled
Contract Type: Full-time
Directly supervise EFS projects ensuring that operations run smoothly, safely, profitably, and in compliance with established policies and procedures. In consultation with the Project and Procurement Coordinator supervise fabrication and mechanical employees. The incumbent is responsible for collecting and submitting required daily project information in a timely and accurate manner to ensure the efficient completion of project job costing and billing.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Equipment Operators, Labourers, Shop employees
Supervise and coordinate the activities of work crews to ensure that the job is done to specifications.
- Prepare site layout and determine the most appropriate method and the equipment needed to complete the job efficiently.
- Make up detailed job plans at the beginning of every day.
- Assign tasks and schedule work crews.
- Schedule and organize the movement of equipment and the transportation of crews.
- Order materials, supplies, and fuel and deliver to crews as required.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment, vehicles, and small equipment.
- Enforce approved procedures regarding equipment and small tools issued to workers and ensure safe return to storage.
- Coach employees on an on-going basis for optimum efficiency and succession planning.
- Maintain active communication with Client representatives (i.e. Consultants) to keep them informed on the job progression and relevant or required information.
- Anticipate & resolve on-site problems.
- Supervise the job performance of sub-contractors, where applicable.
- Visit job sites regularly to ensure productivity and maintenance of high work standards.
Billing and job costing
- Implement appropriate procedures to obtain details on hours and other information pertinent to job costing and billing at the end of each working day.
- Ensure accuracy and correct coding of all invoices, time sheets, and production records – including worker hours, equipment hours, and materials and cost – and submit daily to enable accurate job costing.
Standard Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure that regulations and safety policies are strictly observed, promoting an environment of workplace safety throughout the organization.
- Instruct crews in safety practices and ensure that emergency and medical procedures are understood.
- Check safety equipment daily.
- Identify unsafe work conditions and modify work procedures as required.
- Obtain and review daily safety meeting information & notes on discussions from each crew.
- Actively participate in incident investigations and WCB cases with support from Safety personnel.
- Hold valid tickets and required safety training, such as WHMIS, First Aid, etc.
- Wear appropriate and required Personal Protective Equipment on all worksites.
- Conduct workplace inspections.
- Several years of experience in a related area such as construction, heavy equipment operation, or oil & gas.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Procedures for repair and maintenance of a wide range of mobile and stationary equipment.
- An understanding of policies and procedures.
- Workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Human resource management and supervision.
This position involves medium work with some sedentary desk work with standing or walking, lifting, pulling, carrying, pushing, exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The work includes exposure to outside atmospheric conditions. Personal Protective Equipment is required to protect the head, eyes, and feet. Cleaning products and chemicals are to be handled according to the manufacturer’s instructions to prevent injury.
There is the risk of failure when making decisions in this position, and decisions are made on tight deadlines. The incumbent will need to practice self-management techniques to address the pressures that go along with these duties.
How To Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for the next stage of hiring will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.