Deadline To Apply: Posted until filled
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Aseniwuche Environmental Corporation (AEC) is committed to delivering a wide range of environmental services to the resource industry and related sectors. AEC is fully owned by the Aseniwuche Winewak whose ancestors thrived in the Rocky Mountains and continue to live a distinctive cultural way of life.
The primary purpose of the Environmental Technologist is to assist the Environmental Team Lead and the Operations Manager with the coordination of field programs and the successful execution of groundwater, soil and vegetation monitoring and related remediation programs.
- Assist Management in the coordination of field projects related to the monitoring of ground water, soil and vegetation and related remediation programs. ·
- Assist Management in executing environmental assessments and reporting. ·
- Participate in the vegetation management program as a certified herbicide applicator. ·
- Draft policies and procedures and assist in implementation and monitoring. ·
- Provide support with the preparation of various reports, work plans, and cost estimates. ·
- Champion health and safety through role modeling and holding employees, contractors and visitors accountable to all safety expectations and standards in a positive and constructive manner. ·
- Participate in the maintenance of a database which summarizes and reports on environmental performance information to internal and external stakeholders. ·
- Communicate emerging issues, potential threats, risks, significant opportunities and provide recommendations for operation effectiveness and efficiency to management. ·
- Travel as required to support field programs.
Note that the duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but not inclusive.
- Degree or technical diploma in the Environmental Sciences or Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with field sampling equipment including Global Positing Systems, water quality or soil meters, and handheld data computers.
- Self-motivated and solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate off-highway vehicles including quads, snowmobiles and Argos.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Previous industry experience in construction (e.g., pipeline, well site, roads, etc.), oil and gas, mining or forestry is an asset.
- Knowledge of Cree culture and/or Indigenous perspectives is an asset
NOTE: A negative pre-employment drug & alcohol test is required as per AEC policy. Candidates must also have had double vaccinations for COVID-19 as per Client requirement.
Relocation to Grande Cache, Alberta is a condition of employment.
How To Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Aseniwuche Winewak Nation, Aseniwuche Development Corporation and Aseniwuche Environmental Corporation appreciate all who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Aseniwuche.