PREVENTATIVE SOCIAL PROGRAMS MANAGER, TAWOW CENTER
Deadline To Apply: This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. AWN thanks all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Contract Type: Full-Time
Aseniwuche Winewak Nation of Canada, A Fellowship of Aboriginal People, or AWN, is a provincially incorporated not-for-profit society based in Grande Cache, Alberta. AWN members share a unique history and ancestry as descendants of a diversity of Indigenous groups of Canada including Cree, Iroquois, Sekani, Dene-saa, Ojibwe, Assiniboine, and Shuswap. The Aseniwuche Winewak Nation are a Cree speaking people whose ancestors thrived in the Rocky Mountains and members continue to live a distinctive cultural way of life.
AWN is committed to building healthy communities and healthy individuals by providing leadership, programs, and services to meet the identified needs of its members.
Reporting to the Executive Director who will provide training and support, the Preventative Services Manager will provide leadership, staff supervision, program development/maintenance, and a collective response to the development and on-going sustainability of the newly formed Preventative Social Programs Department under AWN. Strong leadership abilities and development of a Preventative Social Programming Strategic Plan that enhances AWN’s growth, vision, departmental work plans, and sustainability, and its commitment to excellence in service provision will be at the core of this position.
- Participate in the development of a Preventative Social Programs Strategic Plan that meets operational requirements and ensures sustainable, on-going preventative social programming that serves residents/families living on the seven Co-operatives and Enterprises and within the Town of Grande Cache
- Completion of the AWN Assets Mapping Programs Chart and development of collaborative partnerships in the process
- Development and maintenance of program policies and procedures and risk management and safety standards
- HR functions including:
- Staff supervision, performance evaluations, and mentorship
- Develop organizational chart and structure
- Provide on-going staff debriefing and support
- Succession planning
- Conduct research: oversee grant requirements and report writing as follows:
- grant applications and maintenance; completion of grant programs requirements including monthly, quarterly, annual reporting to grant funders and Supervisor as required
- outcomes development and collation
- Budget maintenance pertaining to the Preventative Social Programs Department
- Marketing and promotion of social programs and services utilizing various social media forums
- Ensure policies support the confidentiality and privacy of clients, AWN, staff, volunteers, and stakeholders and follow FOIP regulations.
- University degree or College diploma in the social sciences or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication abilities including facilitating group meetings
- Strong leadership skills and preventative social programs knowledge that promotes growth and sustainability of the Preventative Social Programs department
- Ability to mentor and motivate staff to reach their best potential
- Works well independently and has strong operational skills
- Develop strong and positive relationships with staff, clients, and community stakeholders
- Utilizes problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Microsoft Office and budget maintenance software and social media platforms
- Experience with report writing, budgets, and program outcomes
- Ability to function cooperatively in a team setting
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to keep strict confidentiality and understand and follow company policies and procedures
The position is primarily sedentary with occasional lifting up to ten pounds and travelling to program sites.
How To Apply:
Depending on experience and qualifications AWN offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package after successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
To take advantage of this opportunity, email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. AWN thanks all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be notified.