Operations and Safety Administrator
Deadline To Apply: September 9, 2022
Contract Type: Full-time
Under the direction of the AEC Operations Manager, the Operations and Safety administrator performs a wide range of administrative duties independently or as part of a team. Under the guidance of the Safety Manager, assists in the administration, implementation and maintenance of the AEC Safety Program. Activities performed may include, but are not limited to, meeting coordination, report preparation, presentations, correspondence, travel arrangements, site inspections, and equipment and PPE maintenance.
- Directs callers to the appropriate person or service and provides general information in person and by phone.
- Schedules appointments and updates calendars.
- Plans and prepares meetings, conferences, and conference calls and takes detailed minutes.
- Provides general information to staff, clients and the public regarding company policies and procedures.
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations for workers and staff.
- Uses purchase orders to obtain required operational materials and supplies.
- Coordinates office space allocations, including phones and computers for department personnel.
- Develops and maintains filing systems to meet operational requirements.
- Co-ordinates operational training requirements as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Creates operational spreadsheets and presentations.
- Provides operational statistical and budget reports.
- Prepares and maintains word documents, spreadsheets, and reports as directed.
- Researches and abstracts information and supporting data in preparation for meetings, work/special projects, reports and presentations.
- Conducts onboarding of new hires and sub-contractors in accordance with established procedures.
- Drafts regular correspondence including letters, memos, reports and presentation materials ensuring final review of safety related correspondence by the Safety Manager.
- Drafts and completes updates of the Safety manual, in consultation with the Safety Manager.
- Develops and maintains filing systems to meet safety requirements.
- Creates safety spreadsheets and presentations
- Tracks and reports on the receipt of monthly location safety meeting minutes and inspections.
- Provides safety statistical and budget reports
- Visits field sites completing inspections and enforcing the company Safety Program, ensuring PPE is on site and in use.
- Ensures review and sign-off of inspections are completed by the Safety Manager.
- Uses purchase orders to obtain required safety materials and supplies, PPE, and safety kits; replenishes safety kits and materials as required.
- Co-ordinates safety training requirements in consultation with the Safety Manager.
- Assists the Safety Manager with the Injury Management and Return to Work processes.
Note: The duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but not all-inclusive.
Standard Safety Responsibilities
- Take required safety training, such as WHMIS, First Aid, etc. as directed by management.
- Wear appropriate and required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Advise co-workers on how to avoid unsafe practices.
- Report and correct unsafe conditions.
- Report all incidents and injuries.
Completion of secondary school is preferred.
Post-secondary education in business administration any related field is an asset.
Completion of the Alberta Construction Association Health and Safety Administrator Program.
A combination of related experience and training may be considered.
Mandatory Drug and Alcohol testing.
Knowledge of office administration and basic bookkeeping.
An understanding of organizational policies and procedures Safety Program requirements.
High level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
Experience working with record keeping systems.
Computer programs including spreadsheet, word processing, and e-mail at a proficient level.
Deal with the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner.
Skills: Interpersonal relations, team building, analytical and problem solving, decision making, effective communication skills, speaking, writing and listening
Additional skills: Time management, organizational, stress management
Ability to work under little supervision.
Be honest and trustworthy, respectful and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Demonstrate sound work ethics.
The position is primarily sedentary with occasional lifting up to ten pounds. The position is located in a busy, open area office that is subject to loud noises regularly. There may be multiple demands for the Operation and Safety Administrator’s attention during the day. The incumbent will need to practice self-management techniques to address the pressures that go along with the responsibility of this position.
How To Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 9, 2022. Thank you to everyone who applies. Only those selected for the next stage of hiring will be contacted.