UTILITY TREE WORKER
Deadline To Apply: This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. ADC would like to thank applicants for their interest.
Contract Type: (Regular Full-Time or Subcontractor)
Reporting to the Energy Field Services Team Lead, the UTW will effectively coordinate work on various job sites, assess safety conditions, ensure proper use of equipment. The ability to effectively communicate with clients and management is critical.
- Lead and direct assigned crew members.
- Ensure proper understanding of all assigned responsibilities.
- Ensure all industry standards & safety standards are maintained.
- Interface with management, clients, and crew members so that jobs are completed on time and in a safe manner.
- Job planning and preparedness procedures.
- Working around / near energized power lines.
- Creating electrical hazard awareness.
- Safe chainsaw operation.
- Effective skills with ropes, knots and rigging.
- Tree climbing & tree rescue.
- Aerial trimming & bucket rescue.
- Remove trees that are deemed hazardous.
- Complete and submit daily tickets to accounting department.
- Verify accuracy and sign off on employee timesheets & submit on a daily to the payroll department.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Utility Tree Worker Certificate or Utility Tree Trimmer Certificate.
- At least 2 years of working experience as a UTW or UTT.
- Comprehensive knowledge in personal gear use, tree climbing, aerial lift operation, basic arboricultural understanding, pruning, cabling, and bracing.
- Knowledge of tree terminology and identification & hazard identification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper pruning, climbing skills & climbing knots.
- Ability to perform equipment inspection procedures.
- Must be flexible, able to work independently or in teams.
- Safety orientated.
- Effective time management.
Safety Ticket requirements:
- Valid driver’s license, with clean abstract
- Standard First Aid
- A negative drug and alcohol test is a condition of employment.
This position involves critical thinking, and physical hard work, most of it standing or walking, lifting, pulling, carrying, pushing, exerting 20 to 70 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 45 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 30 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The work includes exposure to outside atmospheric conditions. Personal Protective Equipment is required to protect the head, eyes, and feet. Own equipment and safety equipment (CSA approved), which includes Chain Saw, climbing rope, Tree Climbing Belt and Safety lanyard, Tree Spurs, Chainsaw pants or chaps, Gloves, Work Boots and Hard Hat.
How To Apply:
ADC offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
To take advantage of this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to: