Aseniwuche Development Corporation
In 1998, Aseniwuche Development Corporation (ADC) was incorporated, in part, to generate revenue to fund AWN’s programs, but also to provide meaningful job opportunities for community members.
In the beginning, ADC provided labour services to oil and gas, mining, and forestry. In 2006, with the help of Alberta Job Corps, ADC introduced a welding training program for community members to become welder fabricators. By 2007, ADC was providing welding services for the oil and gas industry. ADC’s growth led to the purchase of a new facility to allow the welding division to expand. In 2010, a mechanical division was added. Today, ADC has three divisions: Welding & Fabrication, Automotive and Energy Field Services, and offers a diverse range of labour, equipment, fabrication and mechanical repair at competitive rates. Choosing ADC to support projects means lessening environmental impact, contributing to the local economy and building capacity within Aseniwuche Winewak Nation.
Welding & Fabrication
- SMAW and GMAW services
- Containment yanks
- Piles and caps
- Barrel docks
- Custom fire pits, signs & decor
- Mitsubishi laser cutter
- 500-tonne press brake
- 10-tonne overhead crane
- Steel cutting band saw
- Paint and spray booth
- B Pressure and CWB-certified welders on staff
- Tire services
- Oil changes & fluid checks
- Drive train
- Engine repair
- Electrical repair
- Insurance inspections
- Fully-licensed mechanical shop with a Service Writer, Journeyman and Apprentice Mechanic
- AMVIC certified
- Member of Automotive Resources International (ARI)
Energy Field Services
- Power line maintenance
- Heavy equipment operation
- Site & right of way clearing
- Timber crushing & harvesting
- Wood chipping & mulching
- Traffic control
- Hot-shot service
- General labourers
- Lamtrac mulcher
- Back hoes
- Skid steer
Discover more about ADC, their services and potential partnership opportunities by contacting the Aseniwuche Development Corporation office.
Aseniwuche Environmental Corporation
Following the success of ADC and in response to the evolving need for environmentally-minded technologies and practices, Aseniwuche Environmental Corporation (AEC) was established in 2011. As an Indigenous-owned and operated contractor, AEC has a vested interest in work occurring in the region.
Our Ancestors lived and thrived on the land and we want future generations to be able to do the same. Resource development has been fundamental to Alberta’s history and economy. Sound environmental management and practices are critical to Alberta’s future.
Combining Traditional Knowledge of the regional geography and ecosystems, with practical training and western science technologies, AEC delivers a wide range of services and environmental solutions that meet today’s standards and regulations.
Environmental Technical Services
- Air, water, vegetation and wildlife monitoring
- HDD monitoring
- Environmental site assessments: Phase I & II
- Water monitoring
- Water crossings and habitat assessments
- Stream crossing inspections
- Ecosite reclamation certificate procedures
- Line locating
- Environmental labour
AEC can serve as a resource for Provincial and Federal regulatory processes. All work is completed in accordance with current regulations.
Vegetation & Soil Management
Designed to restore and balance development impacts as the only Certified Pesticide Applicator in the Grande Cache and surrounding area.
- Vegetation control measures
- Herbicidal and manual weed control using backcountry spray-ready 4x4 equipment, custom 1-tonne spray deck, manual backpack equipment
- Assistance choosing the most effective treatments with minimal environmental impact at competitive rates
- Erosion control measures
- Stream bank remediation
- Seeding and planting on disturbed sites
- Native and medicinal plant identification and cultivation
Land Use Consultative Services
- Experienced personnel and equipment for Traditional Land Use Studies
- Training and workshops
- Site identification, protection and restoration
Discover more about AEC, their services and potential partnership opportunities by contacting the Aseniwuche Environmental Corporation office.