JOURNEYMAN/WOMAN AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Deadline To Apply: This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. ADC would like to thanks applicants for their interest.
Contract Type: Full time
Aseniwuche Development Corporation, a Group company of Aseniwuche Winewak Nation of Canada, was incorporated in 1998 to participate in the growing resource industries in the traditional territory of AWN. Over the years ADC has contributed significantly to the local economy through wages, training, contracts, donations and purchasing local goods and services. After several years of growth and expansion, ADC now provides multiple services out of our state-of-the-art facility to cater to the growing demand.
Our next Journeyman/woman Automotive Technician will ideally be a safety conscious team player with a positive attitude, who has a passion for learning and adaptive to innovative technologies. He/she will be customer-focused, cheerful, and outgoing, and act as a trusted advisor to our retail customers.
Reporting to the Project and Procurement Manager (or designate), inspect, diagnose, repair, service and maintain the company’s fleet of vehicles, light equipment, and approved client fleets and retail customers
- Review work orders and perform automotive services in accordance with scheduled work orders.
- Complete parts order form and provide information to responsible clerk.
- Perform scheduled maintenance services on internal fleet and light equipment and their attachments, such as oil changes, cleaning, lubrication, inspections, and the following:
- Check light equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Advise appropriate clerk on work performed, general vehicle condition, and future repair requirements.
- May perform basic repair and service work on heavy trucks.
- Assist with administrative duties related to maintenance, such as:
- Assist in preparing maintenance schedules;
- Assist in ordering replacement equipment, parts and supplies;
- Maintain maintenance and repair logs and records.
- Inventory tracking.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but not all-inclusive.
- Licensed Automotive Service Journeyman’s Certification or Certified Apprentice Program.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Previous Ford and Dodge experience is an asset but not mandatory.
- Heavy Duty Experience/Certification is an asset.
- Mandatory Drug and Alcohol testing.
Safety Ticket requirements:
- Valid driver’s license, with clean abstract
- Standard First Aid
- A negative drug and alcohol test is a condition of employment.
This position involves medium work, most of it standing or walking, lifting, pulling, carrying, pushing, exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The work includes exposure to outside atmospheric conditions. Personal Protective Equipment is required to protect the head, eyes, and feet.
Cleaning products and chemicals are to be handled according to the manufacturer’s instructions to prevent injury.
How To Apply:
ADC offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
To take advantage of this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to: